13.1 miles from Bankhead Lake
Experience a little slice of Alabama paradise at this vacation rental in Hueytown! Located just 20 miles outside of Birmingham, this property is a quiet oasis surrounded by age-old trees, rolling hills, a fully stocked private pond, and plenty of fresh air. With 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and space for 5 to 7 guests, it's the perfect home base for a fishing trip with friends or an off-the-grid family getaway. From the banks of Cahaba River to the streets of Birmingham, this cabin can't be beat!
-- THE PROPERTY --
* Please note this property features exterior security cameras; these do not look into any interior spaces *
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Living Room: Futon | Additional Sleeping: Twin Air Mattress, Queen Air Mattress
Leave your worries at the front door as you head inside this warm and welcoming cabin. Vaulted ceilings, knotty pine wood, and log cabin decor complete the 1,035-square-foot interior.
This home is equipped with all you need - and more - for a worry-free vacation. Old-world perks, like the wood-burning stove, perfectly coincide with new-age amenities, like the media room in the basement!
With so much to do right on-site, you may never want to leave! Utilize the provided fishing gear and cast your line in the 0.7-acre, fully stocked, private catch-and-release pond.
When you're not out on the riverbank, play with the kiddos on the hillside, relax on the front porch, or fire up the gas grill and host a picnic under 'John's Gazebo.' Linger outside late into the evening, until you're ready to retire inside to rest each night.
-- THE LOCATION --
Whether fishing, hunting, or hiking is your sport, Hueytown is the place to be! Lace up the hiking boots and explore the historical Tannehill State Park, home to over 1,500 acres of outdoor recreation. If hunting is your game, spend the day with Alabama Quail Hunters, Mudcreek Hunting Club, or Lick Creek Hunting & Fishing.
There's plenty to do with kiddos as well. Have some fun at Alabama Adventure & Splash Adventure just 6 minutes away, or drive 30 minutes further to Oak Mountain State Park - home to hiking trails, lakes, and a petting zoo!
If you're visiting from May to June, a trip to see the Cahaba lilies is a must. Visit West Blocton for the annual Cahaba Lily Festival held on the third Saturday of May.
Take a day-trip into Birmingham just 20 miles away. Some of the top attractions include Frank Stitt's Highlands Bar & Grill, The Galleria, and the Botanical Gardens. Grab a brew at Good People Brewing before watching a Birmingham Barons baseball game!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, gas grill, free WiFi, a flat-screen TV, in-unit laundry machines, wood-burning stove, lofted area, front porch, ample outdoor space, gazebo, and more!
- A private, fully stocked, catch-and-release pond with provided rods, reels, and lures!
- Amazing Hueytown location just outside of the city. Enjoy a private oasis all your own, or hop in the car to visit Cahaba River, Oak Mountain State Park, or downtown Birmingham
- Nearest Major Airport: Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (~26 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Please keep windows and doors shut to prevent wildlife from coming in
- Events, parties or large gatherings allowed on a case-by-case basis with prior homeowner approval (Please reach out for more information)
- Children must be supervised at all times on the property
- The property sleeps 5 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy can be flexible up to 7 with space on an air mattress
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Please note this property features exterior security cameras. Two on the barn facing the house and facing the gate, 1 on the front door, 1 on the side door, 1 on the corner of the front area facing the parking, and 1 on the back corner facing the pond. These do not look into any interior spaces